Postoperative Care Instructions
Following is a list of post-operative guides compiled to assist you during your recovery process. You would have been given the one that is pertinent to your specific procedure. Please note that these are provided as a guide only. Should your surgeon or the Practice Nurse give you specific instructions that may not be part of the handout (or different to it), please ensure that you follow these specific instructions as they are tailored to your specific circumstances and altered in response to any changes in your recovery.
After Skin Cancer Surgery
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to one of our helpful practice nurses on (07) 3353 6165.
Contact Details After Your Surgery
Please contact the rooms on 07 3353 6165 if:
- you have any problems, concerns or for any emergencies during working hours (9am - 4pm Mon - Fri, excluding public holidays).
- you have any account enquires
- you need a medical certificate, pathology results or prescriptions
- you need to book a follow-up appointment
If you are experiencing an emergency after-hours:
- if your surgery was performed in a hospital, contact that hospital you were discharged from.
- Alternatively, go to your nearest emergency department. Please inform the emergency doctors know about your surgery and the name of your surgeon. Show them your postoperative brochure/information pack.